Friday, October 31, 2008

Message to Obama

With my final contribution to the Obama campaign today, a screen followed the usual confirmation providing me an opportunity to briefly "tell my story." This being my only opportunity to express my thoughts and appreciation to those directly involved in Obama's campaign, I seized that opportunity...
I am a 53 year-old white middle class male in the hard core conservative state of Kansas. McCain signs surround the Obama/Biden sign in my own front yard. When introduced to you the night of your 2004 convention speech I asked out loud (I thought rhetorically!) Why doesn't HE run for president!?!? I have been a passionate supporter ever since. Your books and your message speak to my soul. While I work a few extra hours to fund contributions to your campaign and the DSCC, my wife and 23 year-old son have been making phone calls at our local Democratic office. Thank you for your message. Thank you and your family for the willingness to serve. May God bless you all and your efforts to restore our great nation.

No comments: